Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Undergraduate Students

How do I declare an Italian Major or Minor?

Please contact Prof. Lucia Re for an appointment via email.

How do I get a tutor?

Please send your tutor request here. Your request will go to our graduate students. Available grad students will contact you.

Will the classes I take in Bologna count toward my degree?

Please contact Prof. Lucia Re for an appointment, or Kerry Allen.

We cannot pre-approve classes taken through Study Abroad.  We encourage students to study abroad through EAP, since the EAP programs are UC approved.  While abroad, and upon return, be in close contact with our Director of Undergraduate Studies to petition the courses you have taken for UCLA approval.

Where can I find classes being offered during future quarters?

Please see the tentative course listings in the UCLA Schedule of Classes.

Graduate Students

How do I apply to the graduate program?

Please visit the Graduate Division website for the application and information regarding our program.

General Questions

Where is the Department of Italian located?

The Department of Italian is located in the iconic Royce Hall. Administrative offices are located in 212 Royce Hall.

Mailing address:
UCLA Department of Italian
212 Royce Hall
Box 951539
Los Angeles, CA 90095