Student Learning Outcomes for the B.A. in Italian
The Italian major is a designated capstone major. Students are required to conceptualize, design, and complete an interdisciplinary research project or thesis. Graduates completing the capstone are expected to:
- demonstrate mastery of an area of Italian culture defined as Italian customs, traditions, geography, language, contemporary Italian life, contributions of Italians to the world.
- identify and analyze appropriate primary sources.
- acquire a working knowledge of scholarly discourse relative to a specialized topic.
- conceive and execute a project that identifies and engages with a specialized topic in Italian or in Italian and a field related to Italian.
- present their work to peers under the guidance of a designated faculty mentor who facilitates discussion and peer review.